DIRECTOR OF SMILES - RED MOUNTAIN TASTING ROOM
As the head direct-to-consumer ambassador of Kiona Vineyards and Winery, the Director of Smiles will represent the Williams family and our products with integrity and passion, while providing world-class, authentic hospitality.
The Director of Smiles will be highly skilled in guest service, balancing the delivery of a gracious experience for all guests with effective team leadership. This position will work closely with management to provide tasting room staff with guidance and leadership while also being the voice of the front-line team, vocalizing potential concerns when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Point of contact for the tasting room and responsible for weekends and holidays
- Lead by example and come to work with a service heart
- Promote a relaxed and supportive working environment - inspire upbeat morale
- Motivate team to meet (and exceed) customer-service standards
- Actively encourage and empower coworkers to maintain an equitable degree of autonomy in service and customer relations
- Notify management of maintenance issues and tasting room upkeep requirements that the Director of Smiles is not able/willing to take care of him/herself
- Ensure tasting room supplies (stemware, cheese, etc.) are in-stock and re-order when necessary
- Maintain clear and open communication with management and tasting room staff
- Respond to internal and external communications promptly
- Create a memorable, friendly, and informative tasting experience
- Be knowledgable in regards to Kiona’s products, history, and stories
- Manage staff calendar and scheduling for the tasting room
- Ensure compliance with all shipping, alcohol service, and other laws and regulations
- Represent the winery in a professional manner at all times including when on and off the clock
The Director of Smiles will prioritize the following mandates in his/her decision-making process, all of which hold equal importance:
- Customers experience world-class customer service and hospitality
- Customers are kept safe
- Employees find value and empowerment in their continued service
- Employees are kept safe
As long as the above mandates are being met, the Director of Smiles has autonomy to make and execute decisions in the realm of facilitating Kiona Vineyards and Winery’s tasting room.
This is a part-time position, and availability on a Friday-Monday timeframe is required. Ideal candidate will have a background/education in Hospitality. Wine knowledge not a requirement - we will train the right person.